Wednesday, March 4, 2009

My Soul Recaptured


* For my first blog I decided to write something entitled "My Soul Recaptured".

I thought my soul would be able to break free
from all the harm and hurt
I thought my heart could sustain
to the pain of life
I thought my mind will mask
the true identity of my being...
I guess not...
The thought of being free invaded my space
clouded my mind and broke through my air
It was there all along but
I couldn't grasp it, hold it, catch it

And then...

I called it quits
there was no more "bitch this" or "do that"
I allowed myself room from the annoyance
from the heartache and devastation
I could smell the oxygen again
I could feel my soul uplifted

But Again...

It went downhill
there was no more of the early morning thrill
that once was
It was no more of the kisses and hugs
that brought me baq to this place that I knew so well...

I was yet again stuck in a room
with the air being sucked out of my lungs
and into yours
you took my being and brought upon death
to my heart and mind and soul
you captured again what was never yours

You took advantage...
You did this
You did this...

I can blame it on you!

But it was me...

I allowed myself a chance to see
what the word evil really means
I wanted the trivial accusations to be made
I allowed you to take what you wanted
I wanted to give you pride and encouragment
in which you lack!
Because that is love
That is love...
LOVE
a word you use often
but never thought about
the word in itself
I LOVed you so much
I am willing to give my
Body.
Mind.
Spirit.

And the day you wonder
how I can show my love

I will sit back and say
"come my darling
my Recaptured Soul awaits"



No comments:

Post a Comment